Tuesday 2 March 2010

Pixie feet

Bonjourno amigos! Hmm was that half Italian and half Spanish?

Well I made a pact with myself to write one blog entry every day - provided of course I actually have something worth writing about. I didn't write one yesterday, so here's a rundown of nice things I spotted around Berlin today.

I woke up nice and early and headed to a lovely little cafe for a coffee and a quiet perusal of my emails. The whole cafe was filled with single women doing the same... odd that. I wonder if there are more women than men in Berlin?

After I finished up my milchcafe und Kasekuchen, I headed off to German class on the u-bahn and saw this great little busker in the station really giving it his all. He was sitting there in the walkway of the station putting his whole body into his guitar and singing at the top of his lungs followed by little bursts of laughter.

A few passers by had stopped to watch and also seemed to be really getting into the performance. One guy was filming him with a camera and the others were grooving in time with the music. Just as I was thinking how lovely it was that this guy was so into his song, I turned the corner and saw some people heading towards me who had just got off the train. They hadn't seen the busker yet but could hear his music.

One girl/woman was so excited by the music she was hopping from foot to foot in time with the song as she walked along - and I mean right on the tips of her toes like a little pixie. As I walked up to the platform I felt like it was one of those ahhhhhh, only in Berlin moments. What an invigorating start to the day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment