Thursday 16 September 2010

Dreaming of London



I've had a weird thing happen to me in the last couple of weeks that's been creeping up on me little by little... And all of a sudden, I'm thinking, 'I want to go *home* soooo bad!' Well not home exactly (I'm not too sure where home is these days) but to London town!

It's a little feeling of nostalgia that's been growing on me very slowly – and all of a sudden I have a great huge hole in my heart that won't be cured until I'm sipping tea with the taste of the Thames under slate grey Victorian skies (to quote the master of expat Englishness! Lol)

Here's a few things I miss about London:

Enjoying the evenings with friends, smiling, laughing, dancing (without feeling like an alien).

Treasure hunting at Camden Market – and coming away with beautiful nic nacs, a bracelet maybe or a skirt (little pleasures that don't cost the earth like they do in Dubai).

Wrapped up warmly, sipping mulled wine and eating corn on the cob as dusk settles over Camden town.

Dancing the night away to Morrissey in a cozy indie club. Then watching the sun rise over the Thames and going for a full English breakfast as soon as the first place opens at 6am.

Stumbling on beautiful, record shops, book shops and gigs that you weren't expecting.

Music – everywhere.

Arts films (don't get those in Dubai).

Theatre (don't get that in Dubai either – for the most part).

Walking along Oxford Street as dusk falls and feeling the excitement of night building up.

Energy and life.

Variety... I Googled raw vegan restaurants the other day and about a gazillion popped up in London. Someone is always onto it... whatever *it* may be.

Feeling inspired to write, to live, to love...

Anyway, that's just a run down. My other half loooooves Dubai so I know I'd have a tough job convincing him to move anywhere (about as tough a job as I'd have convincing him to go raw vegan! Lol) Dubai is great but for me it also represents limbo land – and I can't help feeling like I'm waiting for life to begin...

I really think I can live the life of my dreams in Berlin and I think I can live the life of my dreams in London... Or maybe in a South American raw food community, living off the grid, growing our own food and creating beautiful things... Any one of those would do me just fine! Lol

Anyway, that's what I'm thinking about today... :)

Till next time... over and out! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment