Tuesday 10 August 2010

A Woman In Berlin

"One of them grabs my wrists and jerks me along the corridor. Then the other is pulling as well, his hand on my throat so I can no longer scream. I no longer want to scream, for fear of being strangled. They're both tearing away at me, instantly I'm on the floor..."

Another great blog entry from Joseph Pearson's Berlin Memory Blog – this time about Eine Frau In Berlin (A Woman in Berlin) – the diaries that I named my blog after! :)

There are a million interesting quotes in this book that I'd like to post. Unfortunately I had to give my books away when I left Berlin so don't have any to hand (nomads travel light! lol)

I couldn't see any good quotes online but I'll try to dig some more snippets out from somewhere soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. it is such a terrifying diary. have you seen the film? is it worthy of the book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joseph, no I haven't actually seen the film yet. I guess I should get onto it though seeing as I named my blog after it! lol. I've watched the trailers on youtube though and it looks pretty gritty!

    ReplyDelete