Saturday 24 July 2010

End of an era




















Here's a question. Is it really dorky to cry when watching The Hills? I watched the last episode (ever) a couple of days ago and couldn't help getting really choked up. Me and one of my old housemates in Dubai used to be crazy about the show and whenever I was having a Lost in Translation moment, I used to really look forward to watching The Hills as a small dose of normality (and that's really saying something! lol).

So I watched the after show party the next day and they showed this clip of Heidi from the first season - back when she still had her own face. She was prancing around like a ballerina and saying that she hoped to become a fun, LA, PR party girl. And then it cut to a clip where she said she felt like her life was about to change in a big way but she didn't know how yet. Little did she know her life was about to spiral out of control - that she'd lose all of her friends, stop talking to her family, be hated by the press and eventually feel so uncomfortable in her own skin that she felt the need to become a different person and completely remould her face... Well as they were playing this clip of her looking so young and hopeful, they showed her estranged sister balling her eyes out as she watched the clip and wow, I got so choked up again! lol

I've also just finished writing a feature about the closure of Berlin's squat-turned art house Tacheles which also marks a real end of an era so I think that's why it was super sad watching the end of The Hills! lol. Yes I'm a dork! ;)

I'll post a link to my Tacheles story when it goes online! :)



I love this version of Unwritten:


No comments:

Post a Comment