Wednesday 23 June 2010

Sounds like Berlin

I've been away from Berlin for a few weeks now, so I'm beginning to see things in a nostalgic ahhh Berlin kind of way. I was in LA a couple of weeks ago and heard a jazz singer singing Sam Cooke's Bring it on home to me, a song we sang at the community choir in Berlin. Well it gave me a little Berlin heart flutter, so I though I'd post a couple of songs that remind me of my time to date in Berlin...

The cool kids are crazy about Peter Fox in Germany and foreign expats very quickly learn to love him too. A Berliner born and bred, his trademark is his half paralyzed face that makes him look grumpy-cool. His sound is described as quintessential Berlin summertime music.





These are a couple of songs we sang at the community choir. If Germans are known for one thing, it's probably their raw enthusiasm for anything they do, so just imagine a group of singers standing round in a circle and getting really, really, really into their vocal harmonizing of these songs, and there you have my memory! ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment